Metrology and Instrumentation
Metrology is the field of knowledge which deals with the measurement and its reliability. The Metrology is present in several aspects of everyday life and productive activity. It covers features such as:
- Development, evaluation and application of measurement systems.
- Quality assurance of products, processes and services.
- Protection of the consumer and the environment
- Scientifical and technological development.
The need of innovating has been creating new demands and expanding the employment market for postgraduates. The opportunities of employment for postgraduates in metrology and instrumentation are:
- Scientifical, technological and innovation research.
- Technical education, college and post graduation.
- Industrial quality assurance.
- Metrological national system (primary and secondary laboratories)
- Innovative technology-based companies.
The formation of the postgraduate in the Metrology and Instrumentation area is given by performing disciplines, developing the course work (dissertation or thesis) and elements of management training. The disciplines are programmed for consolidate on the student the needed technical foundation detailed in metrology. The course work implicates on the methodological solution of a concrete metrology problem, usually associated with a subject of great interest from a sponsoring company.
The Metrology and Instrumentation area has its own website, which has a lot of additional information about the area. Visit us on www.labmetro.ufsc.br/posgraduacao
- Management of Metrology: Assurance of the laboratory and industrial metrological reliability.
- Means and Methods of Measurement: conception, development, evaluation and application of innovative, efficient and reliable measuring instruments.
Advisors (Teaching Staff)
Armando Albertazzi Gonçalves Jr., Dr.Eng. (1989, UFSC – Brasil)
Carlos Alberto Flesch , Dr.Eng. (2001, UFSC – Brasil)
Gustavo Daniel Donatelli , Dr.Eng. (1999, UFSC – Brasil)
Marco Antonio Martins Cavaco, Ph.D. (1995, Lehigh Univ.- EUA)
Tiago Loureiro Fígaro da Costa Pinto (2010, UFSC – Brasil)
Rodolfo César Costa Flesch, Dr.Eng. (2012, UFSC – Brasil)
LABMETRO – Laboratório de Metrologia e Automatização
Superviser: Armando Albertazzi Gonçalves Jr.
Tel: +55 xx 48 – 239-2030
Fax: +55 xx 48 – 239-2009