Full-time Master Degree
FT Master students must maintain an average study load of not less than forty (40) hours per week of exclusive dedication to the activities related to the program, both at the stage in which they are attending the courses and during the development of their thesis.
Application for Admission
Admission for POSMEC Master Degree Program occurs through a selection process. There are two application periods every year:
|Beginning of the Master Degree Program||Application Period|
|March||October and November of previous year|
|August||April and May of same year|
The Call for Applications establishes the application periods, the number of places available and the necessary documents to complete the application.
The Selection Process
Selection Committees are designated for each area of concentration. The selection of applicants is based on the documentation provided at the time of application. Several aspects are considered, including the undergraduate academic record, CV analysis, reference letters, academic and professional experience, knowledge of foreign languages, etc. The Selection Committee determines which applicants are approved and the rank order. Due to the limited number of places, it is possible that waiting lists are formed in some of the concentration areas.
The scholarships available and administered by POSMEC are allocated to new students in rank order, respecting the quota approved by the Program’s Board for each area of concentration.
To apply for admission in POSMEC as a full-time master’s student, the applicant must follow the instructions and deadlines set out in the Call for Applications. The following items are required:
- Printed copy of the application form available on CAPG system.
- Application form filled out (Application Form);
- Document of up 2 two pages containing (a) a study plan stating the intended area of study, (b) the reasons for pursuing a degree in the selected area, and (c) a brief account of the applicant’s academic and professional experiences, with highlight to participation in projects and researches;
- Copy of the Undergraduate Transcript;
- Certified copy of the Undergraduate diploma;
- Two photographs 3×4;
- Certified copy of the ID card and CPF (Individual Taxpayer Number);
- Certified copy of the birth/marriage certificate;
- “Curriculum Vitae” (free form or Lattes);
- Two reference letters (Reference Form).
In addition to the above documentation, foreign applicants must send the copy of the undergraduate diploma with the consular seal of the Brazilian Embassy in the country of origin; copy of the passport data page; and copy of the RNE (identity card for foreigners).
Item 10 must be sent directly to POSMEC by the informant. The other documents must be posted and sent to POSMEC office at the address below or hand delivered.